Monday, April 14, 2014

I Love Nail Polish - Sirene

I'm back yet again with another beauty AND some swatch comparisons.  Today is Sirene, a beautiful ultra chrome from I Love Nail Polish.




This polish has an amazing shift, primarily in the green to purple family, but there is a smattering of blue that I've been able to pick up.  You don't need to layer this over black, however, you might want to to save on coats.  I did only two but ideally three would be best alone.  It's gorgeous.





This is the second time I've worn this.  I didn't actually think this the first time, but upon applying this time around, I thought "Gee...this looks like something...".  I went and pulled out both my Essie "For the Twill of it" and Essence "Chic Reloaded" (I apologize, this is discontinued but you may still be able to find it).  Upon swatching, I realized that they're sort of similar, but they're not the same.  Sirene has a definite green shift, and while the other two do have hints of green, it is not nearly as strong as Sirene.  Also, both Chic Reloaded and FTTOI are...darker.  I'm not sure if that makes sense, but they're more smokey looking.  They are close, but honestly if I had to pick one, it would be Sirene. The good thing about swatching all three is you get a good look at Chic Reloaded and FTTOI together.  They're real close.  You don't need both of those.

Sirene, Chic Reloaded, FTTOI

FTTOI, Chic Reloaded, Sirene

FTTOI, Chic Reloaded, Sirene


Formula wise, Sirene is good, though was getting concernedly thick there towards the end.  I ended up thinning it afterward because there was just so much polish gooped up around the handle that it was getting ridiculous.  Despite this it was still serviceable (and I like when polishes behave enough in these situations). This bubbled like crazy though...I don't remember if it did so on our first rodeo together, but I was shaking the bottle to keep it going, so it was probably on me.

If you are interested in getting your hands on Sirene, please go to ilnp.com and check out the Ultra Chromes.

No comments:

Post a Comment