Sunday, January 26, 2014

Ipsy - January 2014

Hey everyone!

It's been a long time!  I never had any intentions of abandoning this place, but you know...while this is fun for me, I'm pretty busy most of the time.  Couple that with the fact that it's winter, so my hands, fingers, nails, cuticles, everything, are totally suffering.  I no longer bother painting them when they're severely broken, because I just hate the way it looks. I'm hopeful I'll have a nail polish post soon, but until then, I've got a couple of boxes to talk about.

I've been getting an Ipsy bag for a few months now.  I'm not blow away by it, but it's hard breaking up.  I do feel I've found a wonderful box to replace it, but I might give Ipsy another month or two (in case Zoya makes another appearance).  Here's my Janurary bag:


I don't have the card.  I had a leaky item, and it was covered in oil, so I tossed it.  The bag itself, I quite like.  Pretty colors.  I do think it would have been better if they had used an actual skyline, but it's not a bad bag.


Here's the suspect of the leak.  Faith Aromatherapy Tahitian Manoi Sugar Scrub.  I'm excited about this.  It still contained enough oil to use, so I'm probably going to give this a try tonight.  It smells strongly of sugar.  I do believe this is an indie brand.


Nourish Organic Face Lotion.  Smells ok.  Has a light fruit and rose scent.  It's very runny, which concerns me for some reason.  I left it at work for those days I'm in too big a rush to moisturize at home.


This is a leave in conditioner.  I'm going to try it, but hair products...I'm meh on.  I don't like to get them, unless maybe they're dry shampoo.  Generous sample.



Ah...another one of these Mica products.  Ipsy, this is where my issue with you lies.  The same recycled brands that nobody has ever heard of.  Any way, this is a lip balm in the color Natural.  Looks not bad.  No scent or anything and it's quite thin.  This is pretty much the exact same color as my lips.  Exact.  Oh and look at this:


The pot is completely shattered.  Wth...The product itself is fine, but just...no.



Oh you.  I was most excited to receive you.  But you are a big ol' fail. This is the color penny.  You might ask, "what's the big deal?  What's wrong with it?"  Well...
First, it doesn't set.  I don't know about you guys, but this is a deal breaker.  This appears to be an eye shadow stick, so why would I want something for my lids that won't set?  It will crease.  But here...here's where the fail really happened:


The pencil broke. I put the lid on the end to swatch, and it got stuck onto the copper colored plastic.  The whole thing came off.  I would not have been able to recap, so I tried prying it out with my tweezers but it was stuck in there.  I stuck it back on to give it another twist, and it broke.  Complete waste.

Here are swatches:



Not a big hit this month, Ipsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment