Sunday, August 4, 2013

Layla - Flash Black

Yet another holo.



This is the last Layla to swatch in my stash.  I love all of them and I plan on investing in more when the opportunity arises.




Flash Black is not really black.  It is a dark polish, but it is more of a charcoal gray, not black.  However the holo in this is pretty amazing and in the sun, you can see all kinds of amazing colors.  Photos can't do this justice.




I did swatches differently this time, just using my bare nail.  It went on a lot smoother, and I only needed three coats, despite the watery thin formula.  At two coats, I did a top coat of Essie's Good to Go, then a last coat of Flash Black.  It is fairly opaque, and I did not experience weird baldy dragging spots over the naked nail.  It is incredibly runny, so I did need to clean up some.

From here on out, I'm going to try to move my photography location.  Each time I move, I feel a little weird about the poses so there will be an adjustment period.  I wanted to move to a location near the window to capture natural sunlight.  It is just unbearable going outside to photograph because of the heat and constant rain.

I have also ordered some extender tubes for my camera.  I'm using a NEX series camera, and I do not own a macro lens.  I'm still not sure what direction I want to go with the purchase of a lens, and extender tubes are a lot cheaper so I decided to try them out.  They're currently at ISC New York, so I may be getting them in use in the next week and a half.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment