Saturday, August 23, 2014

Random spam trio - China Glaze

I'm back after a long hiatus. I decided to do something a bit different for me, and do some random swatches. I'm trying to be a good girl and not buy all those new China Glaze polishes out right now, so instead I reached for these.



First is Keep Calm, Paint On, a muted light green with very fine pearly white shimmer running through out. The formula on this was...just OK. It needs two coats for perfect opacity but it looked a bit lumpy and would probably better be served with three. This gives me MAJOR lobster hands. This has purge written all over it. It also photographs entirely different than it looks both in the bottle and on the nail so the picture has been color corrected to the best of my ability. EDIT: This came out looking way less lobstery on me after I uploaded the pictures, and actually looks decent.  


(This picture has been color edited, but it's still not accurate)

Next is You Drive Me Coconuts, a bold pink neon jelly. This needs three coats but for a full Mani, I'd probably do four. Formula was actually easy and it dries quickly but it must have top coat due to the matte finish. This is gorgeous. If you like neons, you need this.  First photo is how it photographed; second is my attempt at color correcting.  It's still not accurate (it's a lot darker) but it's closer.




Finally, we have Howl You Doin'?, and it's IMO, a very unique color. I'd describe this as a brown fuschia jelly (is that a thing?) with a generous helping of purple shimmer and orange flakes. This needs three coats but formula was stellar. Only problem was it was incredibly difficult to clean up. I wasn't keen on this at first (though I love the way it looks in the bottle) but put top coat on and BAM! It's really pretty. Dark but obviously not black, and sudden flashes of purple...it's a winner. It dries a bit bumpy and satin so it needs a couple coats if top coat.



That's it for now.  Next random trio will be Zoya.

No comments:

Post a Comment