Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sand Tropez - Essie

My mani was looking a bit worn out, so I knew I needed to change it.  I went through my stash and found this Essie:



I bought this Essie a long time ago, when it first ever appeared. I had been lusting after it, and then I heard it was on clearance. I literally ran out to a CVS and got it 30 minutes after reading that, for half off.  Great buy.
Then...I didn't like it.  I put it away and didn't use it again.

But today is the day I rediscovered it.  And I think this one has a place in my collection.

It's a pretty unusual color, kind of taupy, yellowish and sandy all at once.  It's also concrete like, but really no where near dark enough to be described as that.  This one could be hard to pull off for many (like if your cool, or maybe if you just don't have any olive in your skin).






The formula is ok.  Funny, when I first got it, I hated the formula.  I thought it was way too thick.  The reality was I just wasn't used to using cremes and that must have been why I had a hard time with it.  It's actually almost too thin, but too thin is, imo better than too thick.  Only real problem I have with this formula is it can drag.  Just have to be a little careful with it, but for a creme polish, it's not bad.

This is three coats, which I felt like I absolutely needed.  I probably went too thin on the first coat, but it was horribly patchy after just one.  I think I could have gotten away with two if I did a better job at applying the first coat.  Dry time was pretty quick despite the three coats.  I did use a quick dry top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment