Sunday, July 6, 2014

Memebox - Minibox #3

Hey everyone! I've finally made it back home! I'm glad to be back but I do like being out there in the world. I can't wait until I get back to Tejas to get some Vietnamese food. Maybe I'll swing by Austin next time.
Anyway, I'm back with another memebox. Here's the deal.  At this point, my nails are decent enough, but they are growing slooooooow.  I don't know what the deal is, but it's pretty unusual for them to go this slow.  One nail is just too short, and it's a bit uneven so that even when it gets a bit longer, I'm going to file it off.  I would use my other hand but I badly broke the pinkie nail lifting a carry on...so there you go.  No swatches, and I really want to swatch.

Today is my first Minibox from Memebox, and it's their 3rd.  I haven't been keeping up with Meme so much anymore because they're schemes are a bit confusing.  I've decided not to really worry about it anymore, as I'm loaded on products, and I have prepaid for several numbered editions so I'm going to still get stuff periodically.  Should be enough for a long time.  Maybe I'll show some interest again in the future but I've got plenty to go through as it is.

The minis retail for $15 but I had a lot of points for some reason so I ended up paying $2 or so for this.  At $5 or under, I feel this is a worthwhile box, but at $15, the price point is too high.  Here's what it looks like and what was inside.

This box is a little smaller in size than regular boxes







Product 1: Illi Cleansing Oil and Foam Set (15 ml packs and foils)

I was a bit confused with this box.  This was one of the things that threw me for a loop because they included foils along with real bottles.  I guess that's nice...but they also could have put foils for something entirely different...right?  This is a two step regimen for cleansing the skin, first with an oil and then a foam cleanser.  Decent size and enough to get plenty of use out and to see if it's worthwhile or not.

All other items came in the red tin can, which was odd but whatever.  The can is nice...I guess.  It reminds me of loose tea cans.  I'm sure I could use it for something, but I'm not sure what that something would be.


Product 2: A. True Real Black Tea True Active Essence

Ok.  Talk about confusing.  I must have looked at this damn bottle, the included card and the foils below (you'll see in a second) for about ten minutes and am still lost.  The card says one thing, the bottle says another, the foils are the same as the bottle, but the picture for the 2nd product matches the actual contents of the box...This is an essence of some sort.  It's thick looking.  Scary.  Not sure I can actually work up the courage to try this.


Product 3: A. True Darjeeling First Anti-Wrinkle Cream

Smells good.  Great sample size.  


 Product 4: A. True Darjeeling Black Tea First Anti-Wrinkle Essence

The problem with this set is that all items are supposed to be used in conjunction and one piece is missing or was accidentally replicated.  Oh well.

Product 5: Compagnie Coloniale Earl Grey Superieur

Two tea bags.  They look nice quality (not paper bags) and they smell good.  I will use these but it's a little odd.

That's it.  Maybe next weekend will have longer nails and paint.  Wish me luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment