Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Did I just find my new favorite polish?

Another hologram today.  This time Layla's Ocean Rush.  And I have to say, this is easily top 10 material.




This is a beautiful mid toned blue, with a ton of holographic sheen.  Gorgeous indoors and out.




Application was terrible.  It's incredibly patchy and I blame this largely on me not prepping the nails like Layla recommends as well as not having an aqua base.  I'm not filing my nails down though, they're already paper thin.

I did three coats then a top coat.  A fourth coat covered all the left over patchiness.  I did wear this for about a day and a half but this isn't something I can wear to work, plus it was getting a little worn looking so off it went.  This polish does seem like it would wear down easily, however I am tough on my hands.  I washed dishes, swept, mopped, did laundry and moved furniture with this on.

Photos don't do this justice!  It's really holo.

I am in need of an aqua base because 4 coats every time will make this disappear too quickly and I love it too much for that.  It might be my favorite polish (at least for today).

No comments:

Post a Comment