Thursday, July 4, 2013

Won't you please take a trek with me?

Poor Take A Trek...I seriously forgot about it.  But that's about to change.

Another Hologram from the China Glaze line, this is what I'd call a pretty washed out denim blue.  Honestly, it's not really my cup of tea.  Not sure why I got it other than the words hologram.



First off, I thinned this bad boy right away.  Formula was thick and gloopy, and got gloopy again about 1/3 the way through the mani.  The holo is hard to see, but was easier to see indoors than outside (I guess because it's overcast).  I think thinning it did bring some of the holo out, but it's still nothing magnificent.



I do hear that if you're lucky, you may actually find these on clearance at Sally's.  So if you are still in want of a Hologram, go by Sally's and see what they have left.

To diverge a little bit, I'm going to be doing my first gel mani for the blog.  I used to do them all the time, but quit because I'm impatient and was ruining my nails during removal.  I'm going away for a week and I won't be able to tolerate nothing or a really old looking mani for that long so I'm geling it and probably putting a neutral regular polish on top.  I do have the tendency to pick if the mani is the same for too long so hopefully I will be able to restrain myself from such bad habits. That might not be the next post but it will be one coming up so be on the look out.  That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment