Sunday, February 9, 2014

China Glaze - Sea Goddess Collection: Part 1

Hey guys!  My nails are back!

I did have an unfortunate break that I attempted to patch but failed.  However, I went with it anyway.  I recently purchased the entire Sea Goddess collection by China Glaze and I'm ready to start yammering away about it!  This is the first CG collex that I've been really excited to see in awhile.  So, naturally I got every color.  This is a small collection but it is split into two parts to save my cuticles.  Please understand.



First up today:  A name worthy of a cringe, Sand Dolla Make You Holla.  This was one I was rather intrigued about because it's rather unique, in my opinion.  This is a milky white based polish with tiny multi colored glitters.  This really reminds me of like...cake icing with sprinkles.  Really unique.







Formula was terrible.  Thick, gloopy mess.  I thinned it while painting because it was just that bad.  Three coats.

I do not like this one without a top coat, but it did redeem itself.



Next...Teal the Tide Turns.



This is one I was really on the fence about.  I wasn't sure if I needed it, and I didn't.  Without having swatched the other half of the collection, I have to say, this is the weakest member.  This is a strongly green leaning teal with similarly colored small glitters.  No sparkle to speak of really.  This one, you can see the sand in it if you don't do three coats.  Not a favorite. Formula was better than the previous, but still got weird and thick quickly.





Topcoated


Lastly, the winner of the trio.  Wish on a Starfish.



I love everything about this.  This is a feminine pink with a ton of yellow shimmer.  It is both cool and warm the same time.  Very unique and incredibly beautiful, especially in the sunlight. Formula was a dream, flows smoothly and did not gloop up one bit.  This is three coats.









Before I wrap up this post, I wanted to say something about the caps.  These are silver caps, but they're different than the old silver caps CG usually uses.  They seem like they'll be less likely to chip, as they don't just look spray painted silver.  So, I guess I can live with it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment