Friday, February 21, 2014

Sinful Colors Trio

In honor of the 99 cent sale on Sinful Colors this week at Walgreen's, I decided to post a few of my picks.  I purchased quite a few this week, so today I'll only be highlighting three colors.

First is Starry Night.



This is a black jelly base with holographic glitters and a few shards as well.  It looks beautiful in swatches but I'm not entirely sure I'll keep it.  Formula wasn't the best but not terrible.  This only needed two coats.  I'm just not feeling the shards.




Next up is Nail Junkie.




Now this is my kind of polish.  Right away, I felt like this is something you might find an indie doing.  This is a teal jelly packed with gorgeous glitters.  You could easily use this as a topper but it does get opaque on its own.  Fair warning: thick as f...Gave me ducky looking nails.  It needs a good thinning but it will help the formula on this a great deal.  This is three very pretty coats.




Finally, a Sinful Shine.  This is my first, but I did end up going back and getting a bunch more.  I believe this line is being revamped and not discontinued, so even though it is disappearing from stores, it should make a return shortly.  The retail price also seems to have lowered from 2.99 to 1.99 so hopefully it will be included in all future sales.

Here is Yours Truly.



This is a medium pink with hidden shimmer.  The shimmer shows itself on the first coat, but seems to disappear after the next.  Formula was ok except that it was so streaky.  The opacity was fine at three coats, but it was still a streaky mess and needed another coat to properly cover.  This is pretty but really nothing that probably isn't dupeable.



Once again, Sinfuls retail for 1.99 in Walgreens (you can also find them elsewhere) but are on sale this week for a whopping 99 cents.  Thanks for viewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment