Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ipsy review - Glamglow YouthMud

Hey guys!  Another non polish post.  I'm doing these to get back into blogging, but this will still me my polish blog.

Today, I'm reviewing a product I finished up that I received from Ipsy.  It's the GlamGlow YouthMud Tinglexfoliate Treatment.  Now I could have sworn this was available at Sephora, but a quick Google search told me otherwise.  You can pick this product from Dermstore for a whopping price of $69 for 1.7oz.




I'm a mask fan. I haven't always done them, but I really notice a huge difference in my skin after doing one.  I was really excited for this, and I'd never heard of the brand before.

Here is what GlamGlow claims: (credit, Dermstore.com)

What it is:
A gentle exfoliating facial mask that smoothes and tightens the skin.

What it's used for:
GlamGlow YOUTHMUD Tinglexfoliate Treatment (formerly Tingling and Exfoliating Mud Mask) is formulated to deeply clean and refine the skin's appearance to enhance a glowing complexion. Volcanic rock and French sea clay work to smooth the skin's texture and absorb excess oiliness. Green tea and chamomile extracts help to protect against free-radical damage.

I got three uses out of this little tube, and honestly could have probably made it last through 4 if I had skimped.  It was plenty to try the product and get a feel for it.  This mask starts like a mud, with clumps of brown sticks?  They fall off the face, so not a fan.  It quickly hardens, and makes the face difficult to move.  Once completely dry (about ten minutes), wash off with a little water.

So, how did I like it?

I like it.  Fair warning though, this stuff tingles...I don't know where they came up with gentle, it's not.  It's almost unbearable for me, and I'm not really sensitive.  I almost have trouble making it through the drying time.  However, it makes the skin nice and smooth, and the end result gives a nice tightening feel.  It also helps with lotion and makeup application.  But $69?

No.

I love the Freeman's masks.  They're cheap, and ultimately, I feel just as good after using their Charcoal one as this.  I'll stick to Freeman's.  If you need something to tingle the hell out of your face, then get this.  Otherwise, I'm not sure it's worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment