Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Zoya Naturel Picks

I'm back with my two picks from Zoya's Naturel collection.  I liked a lot of the colors but most didn't "call" to me but I did want to add to my nude and neutral collection so I decided to pick up a couple of colors.  I'd like to apologize in advance for weird lighting.  I try my best, but at this time I do not have a light box and can really only take shots when it's already evening.  I try all kinds of light settings, and just choose what came out the best.

Brigitte is up first.



This is the lighter of the two that I got.  It's somewhere between purple and mauve.  I love this color.  It really goes well with my skintone, I'm so glad I got this.  The formula was not the best, runny but thick, if that makes sense.  It probably needs a good thinning, but it's worth it because this is the perfect pop of color that isn't going to be over the top for work.  I used three coats, I think two in real life would do, but not in bright light settings.




Odette is my other choice.



This is pretty dark.  It's a deep shade of purple, almost bordering on brown.  This is not what I'd call a nude, and I hesitate to wear this to work because it's almost vampy looking.  However, if you have richer skin, then I bet this would look fab.  I love that Zoya did a real range of colors, and not just nudes for the fairest of fair.  Despite it looking dark on me, this is still quite lovely.  This needed three coats, but the formula was better than Brigitte.  Either of these colors would make great bases for toppers.




Both of these polishes look different on the nail than the bottle and appear at least a shade darker.  I don't really mind this, but it was a bit shocking with Odette as it seems so much darker on.

No comments:

Post a Comment