Tuesday, April 9, 2013

I've got a crush on amethyst

All products mentioned in this post were purchased for with my own money.

Todays nails are brought to you by Hard Candy "Crush on Amethyst".  So far both HC polishes I have have treated me kindly.  This color is very foily metallic, with lots of beautiful goldness to it.  I absolutely love it.  You could probably get away with one perfectly done coat but I've done two here.



The crackle is Tarnished with Gold by China Glaze.  I picked this up at Sallys red tag clearance because I just was attracted to the color. Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was a crackle until I got out of the store! Crackles are alright, but I don't care for ones packed with shimmer.  I thought the two would go well together since the crush has so much gold in it, but I am not feeling this combination. On top of all that, the brush was a little funky and wouldn't spread out.


On a side note, I thinned my Beauty Secrets top coat today for the first time.  I couldn't believe the differences few drops could make, but it suddenly became enjoyable to use.

Hope you enjoyed the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment