Sunday, April 14, 2013

Not your usual Essie

I bought this pretty with my own monies.

Unfortunately, it's going to be cloudy here all weekend.  No holos until the funky weather is gone. :(  But, I am so in love with this color that it doesn't matter.

Today is Essie's Play Date, a gorgeous bright purple.  It is not pastel, but it is Spring.


It applied with relative ease; I do prefer my formulas to be thinner than thicker, though you might call this one a little too thin.  It did tend to pool easily, but for the most part played nice with me.  I have two coats on but I probably needed three. I was in too much of a rush to do a third, and it doesn't look terrible at two unless in direct light.  For a cream, I can't really complain at the ease of application.




I love this color. I know Essie tends to make a lot of purples in this same family, but I have nothing like it.  I'm very pleased with it, just looking at it will make you feel better about the day.

I was hoping to do a comparison post again soon, but I don't know if I have much in the way of time and those seem to take a little longer to do up.  Either way, I'll have something new up soon.

FYI, JulieG polishes are on sale at Groupon.  I'm waffling over here about weather I need these or not.  They're the drugstore version of Zoya Pixie Dust and OPI Liquid Sands.  I want them but I don't know if I should take the plunge.  I really wanted the LA Girls 3D colors but now that this sale is here...I don't know what to do.  I may have to sleep on it.


Until next time, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment