Friday, April 26, 2013

Let's compare, shall we?

I bought these both.

I like me some comparison posts.  They're fun, informative and you get to use more than one polish at a time (without art)!  I went through my unused stash awhile back and realized I had these two which looked real similar.  So here they are.


You can see the SH is a little brighter.


Harder to see the difference here.

Sally Hansen Coral Reef.  It's a beautiful vibrant coral.  I really like these Xtreme Wears.  They're cheap, they have good formulas, and amazing colors to boot.  This went on really well, a little balding but it was not extreme.  The formula spread well, didn't have a problem with pooling and it wasn't thick at all.

Thumb, middle and pinkie are SH.  Index and ring are SC.

Sinful Colors Island Coral.  I got this because it's supposed to be a dupe for Butter London's Trout Pout.  I don't own any BL's; they're too spendy and I feel they aren't unique enough to justify that price.  I probably only picked this up because I heard it was a dupe.  So wtih that said, I do like the color, it's pretty gorgeous.  It's a shade or two lighter than the SH one, not as electric looking, but still nice and bright and beachy.  The formula is what I've come to expect from Sinfuls: not great.  Still it wasn't the worst.  The formula was a little too thick, and the brush would drag through the previous coat(s).  There was also some balding going on.



I decided to do three coats for each; the Sinful really needed it and I wanted to be fair to the SH in the comparison.  The Sinful needed another coat, but I wasn't willing to be that forgiving to it.


With flash


So the question...do you need both?

Probably not.  They are close enough that you don't but if this is your kind of shade then maybe.  If you like more electric looking colors, I would get the SH version, hands down. I honestly can't tell which I like more.  On the hand they look so similar that I wouldn't notice it if I weren't looking.


No comments:

Post a Comment