Saturday, April 27, 2013

Essie jelly sandwich

Nothing to disclose.

I don't usually think of jelly sandwiches.  I like them, I just never think to do them.  I decided today was the day.



Two coats of Essie Marshmallow, then one coat of Milani Gems, finished with another coat of marshmallow and a top coat.


Ok...lets talk about marshmallow.  This is one of those polishes that people love and hate simultaneously.  Perhaps you could call it polarizing.  Those singing it's praises compliment it for it's lovely jelly look, the look really does remind you of a marsh mellow, it's just perfect in that regard.  But then that's where the Honeymoon ends.  It's streaky, even with careful layers, you will end up with them, and it's frustrating.  Do you want Marshmallow then?  I say yes, if you like jelly sandwiches.  If not, maybe find something with better reviews. There are a lot of colors out there that are like this nowadays.  If you just want the classic though...




Milani Gems is great.  This is a purported dupe of Deborah Lippmann's "Happy Birthday".  I never knew what the deal was with all the hype surrounding it: until I put it on.  It's gorgeous.  The colors of the glitters are beautiful and varied. It's like a party exploded inside the bottle.  This is a Mardi Gras color, or a birthday color for sure.  The formula was ok, I did do a little glitter placement but it wasn't a pain to do so.  Totally worth it.




No more entries today.  I'm pooped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment