Thursday, April 11, 2013

Milani texture in Purple Flash

Not a thing to disclose.  Walgreen's gladly took my money from me so that I could buy these.

Alright, I admit it.  I  see something new, and I immediately go "I must have".  I have been dreaming about getting some textures since they've been around but haven't pulled that trigger.  That was until I saw the Milani display at Walgreen's.  For those of you not keeping up, the Milani textures are a little bit different than what OPI and Zoya have released.  These are textured, but they're completely matte.  There is no little bits of sparkling glory, just straight matte, bumpy nails.  And I have to admit, these are weird.  They've got some nice colors, but they're just strange, not your grandmas polish that's for sure.  When looking at the bottles up close, you might actually notice little white bumps or flecks or whatever you may feel they are inside.  It isn't air bubbles or anything like that, but it is the actual texture of the product.  I ultimately have three of these to show and the first one is up today.

Today's post is brought to you by Milani #905 Purple Streak.  Nothing streaky about it.  It is a fairly deep royal looking red based purple.  As you first apply, you'll immediately notice the texture.  As it dries, the texture seems to appear more.



I know one of the popular questions with these is will they snag your clothes, or what does it feel like.  It is indeed a texture you can feel.  It's rough but not overly so, and no, I don't THINK they will snag your clothes.  In fact, I'm having a hard time imagining what it could snag on.

This dried down fairly quickly and I needed two coats for it to be pretty much opaque.  I like it.  It's different.  I have to give it to Milani for being a drugstore brand that does some cool stuff that you sometimes only see mid range brands doing.

I'm not sure what my next post holds, however I will be back soon with something new.  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment